Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 99: Bedside Reading

Although my GoodReads said I was reading The Hunger Games, that's not true. I had it on hold at the library, but never made it there in time to pick it up. And since I didn't start reading something else, I never bothered to remove it from my "What I'm Reading" doodad. So I'm back on the wait list for The Hunger Games, but in the meantime, I checked out South of Broad by Pat Conroy. And I also just got the May issue of Real Simple. I better get reading!

Dinner:
Chinese beef broccoli Deli ham and string cheese
I made the Chinese beef broccoli with brown rice, and I thought it tasted pretty good. The boys each took a bite of the rice, a bite of the broccoli, and a bite of the beef (without my prodding--they tasted on their own) and neither one liked any of it. At least I tried. They ate some deli ham and string cheese, although neither one ate much, and it was hard to keep them at the table after that. But neither one complained about plain milk and neither one asked for dessert. And neither one begged for something to eat when it was time for bed. So it was all okay. And I have enough leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

No comments: