Friday, January 15, 2010

Day 11: Yum!

I met two great friends for lunch today--both of whom I went to high school with, and one who could go into labor with her second daughter any minute--and had such a good time catching up. The time was too short, and I left resolving to not let so much time go by without getting together with them. There are really no excuses. One works just a few blocks from me, the other lives just a few miles from me. While the conversation and company were fantastic, the food wasn't too bad, either. This was my lunch:


Three sliders with crispy fried onions on top. Yum!

Dinner:
Free-for-all
William said he wanted soup and broccoli and crackers for dinner. I asked him what kind of soup and he said regular soup. So when we got home, I made chicken noodle soup (the kind with extra noodles). Seth ate his whole bowl of noodles and a bunch of grapes. When William saw the soup, he said he didn't like that soup--he wanted REGULAR soup. So I asked him what was in regular soup. He said, "Soup!" So I asked him what color it was. He said red. Aha--tomato soup! So I made some tomato soup. And he still didn't eat it. I should have known. He ate leftover steak and grapes instead. He also said he wanted an ice cream sandwich, so I told him he had to have something else healthy before he could eat ice cream. So he said he wanted broccoli. I made the broccoli, but by the time I put it on the table for him, dinner was over, and he forgot about the ice cream sandwich. Such is life! Ed ended up eating leftover salmon, steak, and shrimp pasta. I ate crackers and hummus and cereal (Frosted Mini Wheats).

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Yay - it was so good to see you! :)