Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 7: Self Portrait

My friend Heather challenged me to do a self portrait. She takes some amazing photographs, and I'm hoping to learn a little about photography by following along with her blog this year. I took a million pictures before finally settling on this one. I have a semi-decent camera, one that I can either use as a point-and-shoot, or I can manually change the settings. But I have no idea what any of the settings mean or do, and I never make time to learn it. Maybe that will change. Anyway, here's the face behind the blog!



Dinner:
Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, broccoli, cornbread muffins
William prefers the Kraft Premium Three Cheese macaroni and cheese dinner, or as he calls it, "shells pasta." I've tried homemade mac-n-cheese several times, but he's not interested. Only the stuff in the box for him. He ate all of his mac-n-cheese, and a little bit of broccoli. He said he doesn't like cornbread. Seth ate a little bit of mac-n-cheese, almost all of his broccoli, and half of a cornbread muffin. I ate a leftover chicken cutlet, salad, and a cornbread muffin. As a special treat, we ate dinner in the dining room with the TV on. I thought William might mindlessly eat his dinner if he could watch TV at the same time. But the TV distracted him. If I had hand-fed him, he probably would have eaten everything on his plate. Oh well. You can't blame a girl for trying.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Love it!!! And thanks so much for the link! It just takes a bit of time and effort to learn your camera, but it's totally worth it.

LauraC said...

Of course you know I'm all over the new blog!
Love seeing your pic!

MJ said...

I love this self-portrait. I may do that for my birthday post. I also really wish I knew how to use my "big" camera better. I wish we could take a class together.