Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 2: Ahhh, Order



Between Ed and me, we usually do a decent job of keeping the house in order. It's more Ed than me, but I do more of the kid-related chores, so it all tends to even out. On nights when we're both home, one of us (usually Ed) cleans the kitchen and straightens up while the other (usually me) gives the kids a bath and gets them ready for bed. On nights when it's just me, I do all the cleaning and straightening once the kids go to bed. There's usually not a huge mess, but sometimes, if we've gone a bit too long without unloading the dishwasher, and the previous night's and that morning's dishes remain in the sink and on the counters, and if the kids made a mess in the morning that we didn't have time to clean up before dashing out of the house to get to work--well, at those times, walking downstairs after putting the kids to sleep can be a bit depressing. Tonight it took me 30 minutes to get it all cleaned up. Not as bad as it looked. I meant to take a before picture, but it's just as well that I didn't. Wouldn't want to scare you on Day 2 of my little project here!

Dinner:
Quesadillas made with leftover lemon mustard chicken tenders.
We didn't get home until 6:15. William wanted to watch Jungle Book again, so I started him on his nebulizer. Seth "helped" me shred some chicken and played with the chicken and a fork while I made the quesadilla. Seth ate about a quarter of a quesadilla (served with salsa and sour cream) and some grapes. William doesn't like quesadillas, so I gave him American cheese and crackers and grapes. William mostly ate while wandering around the kitchen as I sternly exhorted him to sit in his chair. Seth had mostly finished by the time William started eating, so it wasn't exactly a family dinner. Oh well!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Woo hoo, another blog to follow! Oh my goodness, your countertops are so uncluttered! So will you be posting a photo each day as well as what you had for dinner?

Beth said...

That's the plan Heather! Sometimes, I might take a picture of dinner. :-) We'll just have to wait and see.

Julie said...

I am so impressed with your kitchen! AND your new project :)