I've been putting off folding these clothes since Sunday. Looks like I'll put it off for one more night.
Dinner:
Salisbury Steaks, brown rice, salad
I'm not sure what I did wrong, but this dinner was a huge failure. First of all, it was too much of an effort for a week night and required too much of my attention. That's partly because it was a new recipe and I didn't have in my head what I needed to do, so I kept having to consult the recipe. Second of all, the steaks never cooked through. And they fell apart. And the sauce didn't taste good. I didn't have the brown gravy packet, so I just used flour to thicken, so maybe that was part of the problem. I used red wine instead of cognac, and didn't use mushrooms. The sauce basically tasted like thickened beef broth. And I think the flavor of the steaks would have been okay if I had gotten them to cook. Maybe they were too thick? Anyway, William ate leftover steak, and that's about it. I heated asparagus and gave him pears (along with salad), but he barely ate any of that. Seth ate a few bites of rice and pears, but that was it. He was having a super-off night anyway. William ended up eating a piece of bread before he fell asleep. We'll see if Seth wakes up in the wee hours hungry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment