Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 32: Snowy Days Are Not Good for the Waistline

What better way to pass the time on a snowy day than baking? We got out at noon today and spent the afternoon playing, watching a few videos, and baking oatmeal cookies. Between playing outside tomorrow, cleaning, more videos, and indoor playing, I've got chocolate chip cookies and banana bread on the agenda. This house is going to smell awesome!


Dinner:
Lemon mustard chicken tenders, broccoli, and dinner rolls
Neither one of the boys ate very much. I served dinner at 6:15, and Seth ate a few bites of broccoli, and tried a bite of chicken, but he ended up spitting the chicken out. William was not interested in eating dinner at 6:15, so I let him wait a little while. Ed came home at 6:30 (he made it home!), so William sat down then, but he still only ate a few bites of everything. Before bed he asked for chocolate milk and a piece of bread, but I told him no since he didn't eat his dinner. He protested a tiny bit, but that was all. I think the boys filled up on oatmeal cookies this afternoon.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Well, oatmeal is good for you, right?

MJ said...

I'm SO glad Ed made it home. Watching the news today, I was worried you might not have enough food. It looks like that's not an issue. :)

HeatherV said...

Good news on not solo parenting and even better that it's a baking bonanza at Casa Hahn. I have your mustard chicken on the "make to freeze list."

Just finished 3 pans of Chicken and Wild rice bake. Freezes well and add veggies and it's easy meal.