Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 49: Mmmmmm

I'm cheating with today's picture because I actually took it last night. Some days I just can't seem to get the camera out. And that's okay. I posted this picture because as I was eating my dessert tonight--the chocolate pots de creme I mentioned in yesterday's post--after the boys went to bed, I thought that I should take a picture of  it for tonight's post. And then I remembered this picture. Seth was eating the pots de creme last night. He kept scooping the empty dish with his spoon, and then he started licking it. He looks drunk in this picture! It's THAT good.


Dinner:
Garlic lime chicken, asparagus, Stove Top stuffing
I thought this dinner was going to be another one that the boys wouldn't eat, but William ate all of his (no stuffing, though), and Seth ate about half of his. I thought the chicken turned out really yummy. I will definitely make it again, plus it's great for freezing. (Just put the boneless, skinless chicken thighs in the marinade in a freezer bag and throw it in the freezer.) I put the chicken thighs in the oven soon after we got home--a little after 6:00 p.m. After about 10 minutes, I switched it the broiler, and they cooked really quickly. They were done by 6:30. But the boys wanted to play downstairs by that time, and they didn't seem too hungry, so I took out the chicken, and put the asparagus under the broiler. The asparagus was ready after 10 minutes. Then we all went back upstairs, and I made the stuffing (which takes 5 minutes). Ed got home a little before 7:00, and we all sat down to eat then. It was nice to not feel so pressed for time, to have a little time to play downstairs, and to all sit down together, even if we ate a little later than usual. We've Ed's been taking a hard line with Seth in getting him to stay in his seat during dinner. If he doesn't, he has to go sit in his crib. So it's getting better. William has been better about staying in his seat, too. After dinner, both boys got ice cream sandwiches.

(I want to remember the marinade--I zested one lime and then squeezed the juice; added a tablespoon of soy sauce, 2 teaspoons of minced garlic, and a tablespoon of olive oil. That was for 3 boneless, skinless chicken thighs. It would probably be good with some ginger, too.)

1 comment:

HeatherV said...

LOVE the pic, I think you have a chocolate lover in the house for sure. I have one too, just that he is obsessed with sprinkle doughnuts. Yesterday he ran ahead pushing his little grocery cart only to find him standing by the stack of KK boxes loading one into his cart. Also will try the lime chicken, sounds easy and good.