Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day 41: Why I'm Glad We Rent

When we were at Ed's parents' this weekend, Ed noticed a corner of their kitchen had some brownish stains on the ceiling, indicating water leakage. With all of the snow we've gotten, leaking roofs are everywhere. Today's paper even had a lead article about snow damage and roof leaks. So imagine our non-surprise when Ed noticed the ceiling above the bay window in our living room had a pretty big sagging bubble. We set up a trash can under it, moved the furniture near it, and put down towels. Ed poked a hole in the bubble to let out the water. And all we have to do now is call the landlord. Renting does have its advantages!

Dinner:
Annie's Mac-n-cheese (shells and cheese) and broccoli
Ed and I had fondue tonight after the boys went to bed, so to make things easy, I just made mac-n-cheese for the boys. I served them dinner at 6:40, and they must have been starving because they both scarfed everything down. I shouldn't have been surprised to see William eat well since he hardly ate anything yesterday or all day today. And I feel marginally better that I used Annie's, which is organic and "natural." At any rate, they both also scarfed down ice cream with chocolate syrup and whipped cream for dessert. Seth still had a few pieces of broccoli on his plate, so after he finished his ice cream, he put the broccoli in the ice cream bowl, stirred it around in the chocolate sauce, and ate it. Too funny! I certainly didn't complain, though.

1 comment:

MJ said...

Good way to document how long it takes to actually get it fixed. Glad it's not on your dime. :)