Sunday, February 21, 2010
Day 48: Crafty
I hardly ever do "crafts" with the boys at home. We do markers and playdough, but that's about it. I figure they get enough at school, and William's not usually that into it anyway. But today we needed an activity, so I pulled out a bag of cotton balls and the Elmer's glue. William happily glued cotton balls onto a piece of felt. Seth happily colored with markers. It was a nice change of pace--brief, but nice.
Dinner:
Angel pork chops, green beans, boiled new potatoes
I tried a new recipe--a freezable one--and made the mistake of making half to eat for dinner, and half to freeze, without trying it first. It wasn't very good. Neither one of the boys liked it. I didn't like it. And now we have three more servings for dinner another night. Great! Oh well--live and learn. We ate at 6:30. William ended up eating some leftover mac-n-cheese, a piece of bread, and pears. Seth ate the potatoes and green beans. The best part of our dinner, however, was dessert. If you've never seen or tried the Chocolate Pots de Creme from America's Test Kitchen, and it's something you think you'd like, then you MUST. You can join the Website for free and then watch the video. They're super easy to make (the hardest part is chopping the chocolate) and taste so sinfully delicious. You won't be sorry!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment