Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 58: Not Feeling It

I'm not feeling it with this blog anymore. It's becoming a chore. It's been great to keep track of dinners, to see what the kids have eaten consistently (mac-n-cheese), and what hasn't gone down well (stir-fry, Salisbury steaks). And it's been great in motivating me to consistently menu-plan.But the picture-every-day thing is just really, really hard. During the week, I just do not have time to get the camera out and play around. Unless I want to take pictures of the kids in the bathtub every night. And taking still pictures of crap in my house just isn't very interesting.

But, I don't want to give it up quite yet. It may be time to merge the two blogs. I'll give it a few more days and go from there.

Dinner:
Pizza and apples
I forgot to thaw and marinate the steaks last night for tonight's dinner, so I took the steaks out of the freezer this morning intending to thaw them in the sink before we left for work. But I forgot about them, and they were still in the sink when I got home. So I had to throw them away. (I HATE it when I do that!) We made the pizza tonight instead. We didn't get home until 6:15 again, so we didn't sit down to eat until 7:00. Both boys ate their pizza and apples, though. And I let them split an ice cream sandwich for dessert. I guess I'll make the salmon and asparagus tomorrow night and come up with something else for Friday night.

5 comments:

Heather said...

LOL, I just posted on my blog that I'm not feeling my photography posts much, either. Just post a photo when you feel like it, right? No worries! We had pizza tonight, too!

Heather said...

You know what, your motivation for photos will also pick up when it's beautiful outside. At least, I keep telling myself that. ha ha

Lindsay said...

I'll read whatever you write!

Teresa said...

I'm with Lindsay and will read 1, 2 or 3 blogs from you :) but was actually wondering today how you do it all! Work full time, menu plan, cook every night, take a pic everyday, and keep up 2 blogs. Just writing that sentence sounds exhausting!

LauraC said...

That's how I feel whenever I decide to do a 365 like blog. Super uninspired after awhile. Generally taking a break helps me get excited again.

But I will be honest. It has been nice to "hear" from you every day!