Seth was better today--still a bit clingy, but no fever. We played outside this afternoon after nap. I'm trying to work my way through Understanding Exposure, but it's a bit of a challenge. I don't know my camera well enough to be able to do the exercises in the book, and my camera manual is on-line. The exercises are for outside. So I need to work on getting to know my camera. (Or I could just print my manual. But consulting both a manual and a book while trying to take pictures and simultaneously watching two kids--yeah, doesn't work very well.) Anyway, today I played with the aperture settings. I can manually set my aperture and the camera will set the shutter speed and ISO. The pictures I took with the everything-auto settings turned out better, though. Although, I can't actually tell which ones were on auto and which ones I changed aperture for. Anyway, I still like this picture.
Dinner:
Hot dogs and broccoli
In keeping with our well-planned-and-healthy theme this week (note the sarcasm?), I grilled hot dogs for dinner. I had actually planned to grill marinated pork chops, but when we were outside playing and I started getting the grill ready, William requested hot dogs. And who am I to argue? In the end, however, William did not eat the hot dogs. I should have known, since he has not liked hot dogs since he was about 18 months old. But you never know. He had eaten a bunch of leftover steak at 3:30, though, so I wasn't too worried. He ate all his broccoli, and that was fine. Seth ate all of his broccoli and a good bit of a hot dog, but he also wanted "mac cheese pasta" so I heated the rest of the leftovers for him. The best part of the meal, though, was that we ate on the deck. I love spring!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment