William and I took a field trip after work tonight. I booked his birthday party at a fire station, but the coordinator said I should go there to see the community room and to get an idea of how many people it would hold. I thought William would love to get a chance to see the fire trucks and maybe even get a tour of the fire station. Unfortunately, we got there at a bad time. There were no fire fighters in sight to show us the trucks, and the coordinator showed us the community room and the parking lot, and that was it. I walked William around to the front of the fire house to peek at the trucks again, hoping someone would come out and let William sit in a truck. But no luck. We finally left to find a bathroom and somewhere to eat. Poor William!
Dinner:
Ham and cheese sandwich and chocolate milk
I was hoping to find a Wendy's or Subway or McDonald's on the way home, but I turned the wrong way out of the fire station and ended up heading straight into DC, where parking's a chore and there are few fast-food joints to be found. I finally pulled intoa lot behind a local bookstore. We used the bathroom at the store, and then William noticed the little cafe. Pickings were slim, but we got a ham and cheese sandwich and milk. William ate the ham and the bread. I nibbled on the rest. Not exactly the evening I had hoped for, but William seemed to enjoy it. We finally made it home at 8:00.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment