Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day 59: Mac-n-Cheese, Again

Ed worked late tonight, so I decided to save the salmon and asparagus for tomorrow night, and to treat the boys to mac-n-cheese tonight. We got home late (again--not until 6:20), and the first thing that greeted us when we walked in the door was the strong smell of oil-based paint or something oil-based. Repairmen have been fixing our ceiling after the recent leak for the past few days, and today they completed the work. I don't know what they did that would make it smell like this, but it's pretty bad. I opened the windows (despite the 40-degree weather) and told the boys we could have a picnic dinner in the basement. They, of course, loved it. The smell was slightly better when we went back upstairs to do nebulizer and get ready for bed. I hope it's not something we have to live with all weekend, and I really hope it won't have any ill effects on the boys. Anyway, I took lots of pictures while we were downstairs, but I was getting so frustrated because the auto focus kept focusing on the toy shelves behind the boys, instead of on the boys, and I couldn't figure out how to change the focus. Plus it was taking forever for the camera to focus at all and then take the shot. I did manage one cute picture:


Dinner:
Annie's Mac-n-cheese and broccoli
We didn't eat until 7:00. Both boys cleaned their plates, and they split an ice cream sandwich for dessert. At least I have one, solid, go-to meal that I KNOW they will eat.

3 comments:

MJ said...

Yea for mac-n-cheese. It's a staple for us too.

HeatherV said...

No issues with Mac and Cheese, it's a default for me as an adult many nights.

I am STILL impressed at how much cooking you do. With a husband that is never home at dinner time and even then ususally dosen't eat the same foods and a child that is convinced that all food must currently be served out of his white tiger cup from the Circus meals at Casa Vinsonhave not been up to par of late.

Thanks for your comments on my Bible-like entry today. Attempting to do something positive with all this anger and frustration other than just vent.

Happy Weekend!

Heather said...

Beth, check your manual for "toggling focal point"; you might be able to dictate which point controls the focus to avoid issues like that. It takes a moment to switch the point, but sometimes it's totally worth it.

Good luck with your party tomorrow night!!!

Oh, and we might be having mac and cheese tonight. I TOTALLY understand!