Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 78: Sick

Poor Seth. He didn't throw up again today, but he got it at the other end. And around mid-day, he started running a fever. When I took a shower this morning, I asked him if he wanted to lie in my bed or come in the bathroom with me. He chose the bed. When I came out of the bathroom, this is what I found:

He'll be staying home with Ed tomorrow. I'm hoping against hope that William won't catch it!

Dinner:
Slow cooked Chicken Adobo with rice and broccoli
I was a little disappointed with the chicken. I used skinned, bone-in chicken breasts, and they turned out dry. The broth was really tasty, though, so all is not lost. I let William try a bite of chicken and he said he liked it, but he hardly ate any. He ate a few bites of chicken and most of his broccoli. He was not in the mood for sitting and eating, though. So no dessert. Seth, obviously, didn't eat anything. This morning he had a few bites of Frosted Miniwheats, and he had two bites of chicken noodle soup around 5:00 p.m. But for the rest of the day, he only drank chocolate milk.

3 comments:

HeatherV said...

Oh no! While that is a sweet sleeping babe pic, what a way to get it. Wishing him well soon and for it not to spread through the house. Has been alot of sickness here at school with soar throats, and an icky stomach thingy.

Thanks for posting the slow cooker dinner idea. I started 12 hour pasta sauce last night to make stuffed shells once I get home.

It freezes well... and will post... well you know at some point.

BTW I am impressed that you all didn't eat cereal with a sick child in the house. last night was 1.49 Happy Meals for ALL, which is too often becoming my Tues night plan.

Anonymous said...

So sorry that Seth is so sick. Poor little guy! Uncle Mitch and I wish him well and that the rest of you stay healthy! He was so sweet looking lying in your bed sleeping. Hope the rest of the week and weekend go well! Love ya, Aunt Cheri

Julie said...

I stole your Chicken Adobo recipe, but I made it with skinless, boneless chicken thighs--it was delicious and the meat very tender and tasty. So next time try dark meat.

I am so sorry that Seth is still not feeling well. Poor guy. I do hope the rest of you stay healthy!!!